Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:58:23 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 9-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> Well, what if you made the Colossus a Warlord variant?
> 2xHeavy Weapons Vattery + Heavy Barrage + MegaCannon? Mind you, this
> makes them spendy, yet very easy to find a cost for. :) To make up
> for the lack of versatility compared to Imperial Titans, the
> MegaCannon can have its range increased 15cm for no additional cost.
> Keep the critical damage table the same, with name changes.

While I do see your point, Mark, there are several differences you've
overlooked.
1) Artillery. A Warlord's weaponry doesn't have the arty ability, while
the Mega-Cannon and Hvy. Barrage on a Colossus would. (Minor point,
really.)
2) Speed. Using the Leviathan as base stats, a Colossus moves just 10 cm.
3) Damage Capacity. While I wouldn't really mind having 12 DC on my
Colossus, I don't really see it as that much more difficult to demolish
than a Leviathan. (Though it is something to consider.)
4) Assault Factor. No way in Hell would a SHV have a 30 AF, much as I
would like it to be comperable to its old strength in CC vs. a Warlord.
And that would drop the points significantly....

I do like your point that the Critical Damage table can be stipped out
for a but & paste job. The Catastrophic Damage table, OTOH, needs a
little revising since I don't think the Colossus would lose an entire
track at once. ^_-

> On similar lines, the Cyclops could be made a Reaver with a
> Heavy Weapons Battery, Heavy Barrage, and a Death Rays. (Yes, this
> makes the Hellfury lack its former punch.)

Hellfury Cannon, 3x Death Ray. See Ordinatus Armageddon. That said,
there are the same problems as the Colossus = Warlord conversion, above.

[snip my counting & comparison of Squat SHVs]
> No it's not. There is no SHV class or Titan class any more,
> there's the War Engine class.

<sigh>

SHV = War Engine with DC < 24 and no feet. That better?

>The totals are something like
> Squat: 5
> Imperium: 7
> Eldar: 3
> Orks: 4
> Tyranids: 3? (no clue)

Yup. And Chaos has 4 to call it's very own, with access to Warhounds,
Reavers and Warlords.

> So having 5 War engines doesn't seem out of place to me.

Glad to see you agree.... ^_^

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...