Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

>Well, the exact wording is in a little box on most of the detachments.
>It says:
>"Notes: Any unit that is part of the detachment can be designated as the
>detachment's HQ subject to the detachment's chain of command."
>
>I don't think they wanted to put "upgrade to HQ but only if this unit is
>at the top of the chain of command, max one per detachment... +25" after
>every main force entry. It's pretty clear that you pick your forces
>first, then select one of the units you're allowed under the main force
>limits and give it a 25 point promotion. The list certainly doesn't
>allow an extra unit to be purchased in excess of these limits to
>fulfill the role of HQ.

I agree. If they wanted to make regular units available in the command
slots, they would have listed them there. I think the promotion
comes out of the regular units (so basically, there is no command
unit in such a detachment). This would be consistent with ork flyers
and battlefotress detachments, which have no units listed in their
command sections, but instead simply nominate one of the regular
units (which recieves no bonuses).

David