Re: [Epic] I feel dirty

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:54:08 -0400 (EDT)

>> What about weapon arcs for CC weapons on Titans? I would think it
>would be
>> much more interesting if you could attack a titan from one side and
>it
>> would not be able to use its CC weapon.
>
>Another good thought. IMHO the arcs are intended only for the shooting
>phase. Much more is assumed to be going on during combat and
>firefighting - visualize as you wish.

I also agree that using weapon arcs during CC or FFs is not the intention
of the rules or the rules writers. Actually, it seems to me from reading
the designer notes and Q&A (in the battles book), that this is the exact
kind of detail they were trying to weed out. E40k is supposed to be
about massed engagements (relatively), definitely not about which side of
the titan your standing on.

David