Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:28:24 -0400 (EDT)

>> I think he means thunderers have 2 fp. I think this is the best option
>> since it is simpler and more consistant with the other heavies. Also,
>> as someone else pointed out, thunderers in SM/TL have identical shooting
>> stats as thunderers and a fp of 2 in e40k.
>
>Um... sure. (You mean Dark Reapers, maybe? I'm not sure....) Anyway,
>I've altered my list to give Thunderers +Hvy Weapons at +7 points a pop.

I have no idea what I was talking about or trying to say. In any case,
I agree with you.

[snip a bunch of stuff I agree with, and on to tunnelers]

>> Actually, I would prefer the drop pod method, since it is simpler
>> still, and requires no new rules.
>
>My main problem with this is that it's *too* random. Tunnelers
>shouldn't be quite *that* blind; just pay attention to how fast you're
>going for how long, for a rough estimate, or there's intertial guidance
>and maybe some others.

How 'bout this:

At the start of the turn in which the tunnelers arrive, the squat player
places the command tunneler anywhere he wants and places the rest of the
detachment within 15 cm. The troops can move out normally during the
movement phase (paying -5 cm movement as usual). The tunnelers cannot
move the phase they appear.

This makes tunnelers very acurate and eliminates the need to move them
around the board. It is counter balanced because the tunnelers appear
at the start of the turn, so the opponent has time to react to them,
including straffing them with flyers before they unload. Also, the
squat players pay for tunnelers as opposed to getthing them for free.

Also, Tunnelers can form a seperate detatchment type (like tyrannid
myscetic spores), so the type and number of units in a tunneler
detachment can be easily controled (for play balance).

David