Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

[about Goliaths]

>I'd have to look up some examples for comparison, but 90 sounds like a good
>ball park to start playtesting from. My real concern is that it can be used
>to create a degenerate force. You know, Goliath HQ + 10 more, your army
>will never move, Bwahahaha!

This is a good point to start bringing up. I think the detachment
structure should be set up such that it deters squat players from
fielding an immobile artillery army.

A couple of options would be to either limit the total detachment size
of squat artillery detachments (limit them to 5 squads each like eldar
detachments), or to allow Goliaths to be taken only as support.
Alternately, you could simply limit the number a person can field in
a detachment (frex, orks can only field one squad of stormboyz per
detachment).

David