RE: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 07:17:49 -0400

> 1 The cost of the OL will take into consideration whether it can/can't
> engage in FFs or support CC. Groups who play it differently
> because, for example, they use a different height, will alter
> the cost/value balance of the unit.
> 2 Old flyer problems will be ressurected:
> a Can OLs claim objectives or deny enemy Cleanse objectives.
> b Can skimmers CC overlords (or troops with jetpacks)
> c Can other overlords engage overlords (very rare, but possible)
> 3 New problems will be created as well.
> a Can overlords elimnate enemy units that retreat from CC (if
> they are 15 cm up, then technically no unit can end up within
> 15 cm of them.
> b If they are 15+ cm up, can they be snapfired? Technically,
> it's impossible for them to come within 10cm of an enemy, but
> flyers can be snap-fired.
> c Can Flak weapons shoot at overlords.

I suppose you could just consider it a skimmer that can't pop-up, which would
solve most of those questions.
To solve questions:
Overlords cannot be engaged in CC except by troops with Jumppacks and skimmers
and of course other overloards. Or alternativly cannot be engaged in CC at all.
Firefight normally/destroy retreating units.
Interact with objectives normally.
Flak can fire at overlords.

I suppose it is to many special rules. Although you could use the same rules for a
silver tower and be much more accurate. Have to reduce it's points a little though.
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore