Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squat Army List, take 2

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:42:42 -0700

Ken Taborek wrote:

> Why does it fire every turn? Is it a WM? Did I miss something?
>
> >I feel that the goliath as it is is extremely underpriced. It is
> >essentially a hvy. barrage that fires every turn and should be priced
> >accordingly. How about 80 pts.
>
> --Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
> "Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

Pardon, I was unclear. The goliath is a mega-cannon. At the time I
wrote this I thought that a sloppy comparison could be made between
mega-cannon and a hvy. barrage that fires every turn (or a pair of hvy.
barrages). It was a hurried analogy, nothing more. The points cost for
the goliath in the current revision is 60 points (I think), and I did
not feel that this adequately represented the true effect of it's
firepower. Two siege artillery units, for example, cost 108 points.
More discussion has ensued, and the general concensus seems to be that
the value of a goliath should be placed at about 100 points, give or
take.

Clear as mud? Good.

-Lemm