Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:50:28 -0500

At 06:51 PM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Elite +1 modifier in Assaults and Firefights.*
>*War engines with over 21 experience gain one battle honour for each 5
> extra experience points earned.
>
> But there was no list of battle honors. Was that a seperate
>post that I missed or what? I guess most of the 2nd edition honors
>would translate fairly easily into e40k terms, although that would
>only work for titans and not things like Shadowswords...

I don't think most of them would, but we can make some up. The extra
shielding, and tactical genius would work fine, but things like hip-shooting
would have to be changed.

Some ideas:

Crew-
Pinpoint gunnery - scores critical on 5 or 6, DR shots get +1 to the
critical roll
Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may fire at half effect at the end of assault, as
long as it was not in cc or a ff. (too powerful?)
Extremely Agile (eldar) - allows extra turn each movement phase

Titan-
Turbo weapon - count as being on overwatch, or HWB adds fp (2? 4?)
Extra shielding (non-eldar)(titans only) - +2 shields; Orks- max shielding
(warboss gets max+2)
Turbo Engines (non-eldar?) - +5cm move
Escape pod/Gate - crew survives on 2-6
Heavy Armor (non-eldar) - ignores first critical
Mandi-blasters (eldar titan only) - cc weapon slot, no fp (or reduced range)

Princeps/Seer/Warboss-
Tactical genius - titan moves last (or, choice in assault)
Blood lust - +1 in cc or ff
Charismatic leader/Very shouty (non-eldar) - removes d6 BMs, or uses "divine
inspiration" once per battle.
Precognition (Eldar) - ignores first critical (rolls with blow) (maybe too
powerful)
Ancient Runestones/Princeps Psyker (non-ork) - Draw additional fate card

Those are from what I can easily remember, or that I just made up. Anyone
else? Maybe someone who has a book handy?

Temp