RE: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:47:40 -0400

At 04:49 PM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
> But then most of the CC weapons
>=
(the ones that weren't useless) worked against all units,
>not just other t=
itans (which sadly is no longer the case).
>I guess they gave all the CC we=
apons some FP because
=
>useful only against titans aren't that great if your
>opponent doesn't tak=
e any...

They are good against other WEs also. I'm still wondering if it =
is worth it
to take a titan hunter. Something quick, like a warlock titan =
or a reaver,
with a cc weapon, and a death ray (d-cannon). It could defini=
tely thrash
enemy war engines, and inflict a bit of damage aside from that.=
  The only
question is whether it would survive to make contact. I'm assum=
ing that
most folks take at least 1 detachment of WEs in a larger battle, o=
f course.

The only problem I can see with this is it might draw lots of fi=
re. Of course you can't gang up now as much as you could previusly, this ma=
kes it something of an advantage to have a low DC. 1 question. How many war=
 engives can attack each other at once. If an engine has an 8 Dc can 4 thin=
gs attack it no matter what they are. You could fit 4 Imperators on a Phant=
om. (Barely). Does that restriction refer to models, stands, something rela=
ted to DC...
--------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumption=
s are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You a=
ssume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 mi=
llion years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that =
we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore