Re: [Epic] WEs Assaulting WEs (was: Question on Tyranid Biotitans)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:17:01 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> > And heck, all your opponent has to do is stick 1
> >infantry stand in front of your target & your hunter would
> >have to assault that first, giving him more time to shoot
> >at you.
>
> That shouldn't work. I know that technically it does, but it's silly.

        Well, unless you want to re-introduce the pinning
rules and make exceptions for WEs when moving in the assault
phase, that's the way things are. It does sound silly, but
then again this is a game that lets 2 opposing units seperated
by a mile high wall get into a firefight.

        What you would have to do is say that WEs can move
through non-WE detachments in the assault phase, and that a
WE can assault anything it wants to, not just to closest
unengaged unit. Or that a WE can assault the closest infantry
OR the closest WE detachment, kinda like how in 40k you can
shoot at the nearest infantry or the nearest vehicle.

        Semi-related question: if a WE gets snap-fired at,
does it have to stop? Seems pretty odd, but I don't remember
the rules saying otherwise.

Scott
shupes_at_...