Re: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:09:08 -0700

Alan Brain wrote:

> duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>
> > They are good against other WEs also. I'm still wondering if it is worth it
> > to take a titan hunter. Something quick, like a warlock titan or a reaver,
> > with a cc weapon, and a death ray (d-cannon).
>
> Case in point: Chaos Questor: Assuming it's undamaged, and gets into CC,
> it has a massive 11 in 36 chance of DESTROYING any war engine,
> regardless of the AF. This is because the worst that it can do if it
> loses by +5 or more is to require a 6 to get a Catastrophic Hit (ie
> Instant Kill), and it has 2 rolls to do it with.
> Of course, it's chances of survival are miniscule.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the CC weapon is Subjugator
only.

I'm unfamiliar with the fluff, why is the hellslicer weapon given the
"causes catastrophic damage in CC" rule while all other close combat
weapons are "causes catastrophic damage if the titan wins CC"? Is this
just a typo? If not, can someone point me towards the dwarf issue where
these were first detailed?

Oh, and why would it get 2 rolls?

-Lemm