Re: [Epic] (LONG) Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:08:50 -0400

James Nugent wrote:

> > 18) Psychic Defences: 3+ psychic save
> > Imp & Eldar: upgrade
> >
> > You could make the titan immune to psychic attacks, and/or
> > negate the enemy's psyker bonus in CC/FFs.
>
> How about enemies fighing the titan count as having no psychers.
> (Since psycics cannot effect the titan). This was a pretty useless one
> in Sm2, if I remember correctly.

        Not at all, it protected the titan against WBBT, Magnus, and
Warlock powers (psychic lock).

> > 19) Turbo Weapons: -1 save mod & +1 damage rolls to 1 weapon system
> > Imp & Ork (Big Gunz): upgrade, Eldar (Pinpoint Gunnery): crew
> >
> > +1 crit rolls?
>
> You mean add +1 to the roll.

        Yeah.

> > 20) Hipshooting: can fire on charge orders at -1 to hit
> > Eldar: crew
>
> How about may fire in the shooting phase in stead of the war engine
> shooting phase?

        That's a good idea... of course, there would have to be some
penalty, like -1 to hit or something.

> > 27) Psychic Assault: assaulting troops must pass morale check to
> > move into base contact with titan, titan's CC hits count as psychic
> > Eldar: upgrade
> >
> > Troops must pass extra Ld test to assault titan.
>
> How about add that troops count as having 2 blast markers if they have
> less than that. (I.e a 3+ roll, which is not to powerful.)

        Hmmm... a little more complicated but I understand why you
want to add that, since troops with no BMs auto-pass the Ld test.
Still, nothing's going to translate perfectly and this power wouldn't
really work against any number of opponents in 2nd edition anyway
(marines, squats, demons, etc).

> > 29) Maniak Mekboy: Megas only, can fire 1 more mega weapon per turn
> > Ork: crew
> >
> > No idea.
>
> How about may re-roll the firing of 1 weapon/weapon system per turn.

        Well this didn't have to do with how accurate something
was, just if it actually worked every turn or not (love them orks!).
Since the rules for Ork stuff not working have been removed, I
don't know if this kind of thing has a place anymore or not (along
with the Eldar Dodge, Imp Heavy Shielding, etc).

> > 33) Very Shouty: Megas only, get more shouting counters (?)
> > Ork: captain
> >
> > No idea.
>
> How about may re-roll LD tests. (In addition to any re-rolls based
> on DC)

        I guess, but I don't remember at all what shouting counters
did for the Mega, and what having extra counters meant.

Scott
shupes_at_...