RE: [Epic] (LONG) Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:39:20 -0400

<snip> I just left the sections I replied to.

18) Psychic Defences: 3+ p=
sychic save
        Imp & Eldar: upgrade

        You could make the titan immune to psyc=
hic attacks, and/or
negate the enemy's psyker bonus in CC/FFs.

How about e=
nemies fighing the titan count as having no psychers. (Since psycics cannot=
 effect the titan). This was a pretty useless one in Sm2, if I remember cor=
rectly.
Who misses the time when psychers did something? Their support rol=
e in CC and FF is powerfull, but I miss the fun of ripping up minds, ect.

=
19) Turbo Weapons: -1 save mod & +1 damage rolls to 1 weapon system
        Imp & =
Ork (Big Gunz): upgrade, Eldar (Pinpoint Gunnery): crew

        +1 crit rolls?

Y=
ou mean add +1 to the roll.

20) Hipshooting: can fire on charge orders a=
t -1 to hit
        Eldar: crew

How about may fire in the shooting phase in ste=
ad of the war engine shooting phase?
I don't think it is to powerful. Or m=
aybe ignores the effects of blast markers when firing, or counts as having =
2 less. I.e makes the titans firing harder to suppress.

21) Side Step: tit=
an can choose to end CC as long as it beats 1 attacker
        Eldar: captain

How=
 about the titan may move past enemies in the assault phase

22) Dodge: ha=
lf chance of avoiding template weapons
        Eldar: captain

How about Titan doe=
s not have to stop moving if snap-fired at unless it takes a hit.
I'd like=
 to see this as a general rule. Who was it who made the crack about bolter =
fire?

23) Evade: titan is -1 to be hit while on charge orders
        Eldar: cap=
tain

        +1 to AV if the titan moves more than 1/2 its speed for the
phase? =
Might be too powerful, but then titans suppressed into not
moving won't be =
getting any bonus.

24) War Cry: if titan charges into CC, halve opponents'=
 CAF on 5+
        Eldar: upgrade

        Use as is. Halve AF of every opponent on a 5+.=
 Not to usefull as you may
not roll the 5+, but could be quite power if it=
 worked against a titan. I think the
randomness of this makes it less powe=
rful.

25) Mandiblasters: same as carapace multilasers except -2 save mod
        =
Eldar: upgrade

        Extra 15cm ranged gun, FP of 2.

        How about Fp of 4 and cl=
ose support. Added to whatever other support a titan lends to combat, also =
adds when the titan is in CC. (Effectivly a +4 Af). If this is to powerfull=
, I'd use the Fp of 2.

26) Reinforced Structure: -1 to all damage rolls o=
n titan
        Eldar: upgrade

        -1 to all crit rolls on titan.

27) Psychic Assau=
lt: assaulting troops must pass morale check to move
into base contact with=
 titan, titan's CC hits count as psychic
        Eldar: upgrade

        Troops must pass=
 extra Ld test to assault titan.

How about add that troops count as having=
 2 blast markers if they have less than that. (I.e a 3+ roll, which is not =
to powerful.)

28) Super Riggers: Megas only, better chance to repair locat=
ion
        Ork: crew

        +1 to repair rolls, as Damage Control above.

29) Maniak M=
ekboy: Megas only, can fire 1 more mega weapon per turn
        Ork: crew

        No ide=
a.
How about may re-roll the firing of 1 weapon/weapon system per turn.

3=
0) Looterz: krew gets 6+ fixed save and +1 CAF
        Ork: crew
31) Bionik: kapti=
n gets 6+ fixed save and +D6 CAF
        Ork: captain

        These two are pointless, s=
ince the crew & captain can't leave
the gargant.
I miss that, how about the=
y aare the same as the below one, add to the AF.
add maybe +1 - +2 since t=
here are several AF upgrades.

32) Dirty Fighter: +D6 CAF for the gargant
=
        Ork: captain

        +some number to gargants Assault Factor.

33) Very Shouty: =
Megas only, get more shouting counters (?)
        Ork: captain

        No idea.

How ab=
out may re-roll LD tests. (In addition to any re-rolls based on DC)

34) Fi=
re Hoses: Megas only, +1 to put out fire rolls
        Ork: upgrade

        Fires automa=
tically put out? This is in the same area as
reactor meltdowns - it's not =
going to happen very often.

Maybe -1 to criticals or something.