Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - rough draft

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:38:53 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> Here's my proposed list:
>
> All honors are only available once per titan.
>
> Imperial
> ======
>
> Crew:
>
> Marksmanship - causes criticals on a 5 or 6, death ray shots get +2 to
> critical roll

        Way too powerful. A simple +1 to crit rolls would be better,
IMHO.

> Accurate - weapon with fp (HWB, and barrages) get +4fp, death ray gets +1 to
> critical roll, other weapons get +1 to hit

> Commander:
>
> Legend - titan gains command ability

        Good one.

> Psyker Princep - titan gains psyker ability

        eh... I don't know. I really don't see Imperial titans as
being psychic at all. Some kind of psychic defense (as an upgrade)
would be better, I think.

> Eldar
> ====
>
> Crew:
>
> Bonesingers - +1 to repair rolls (possibly +2, since they can't repair void
> shields)

        Yeah, but then you're making repair rolls on 2+... fairly
disgusting, I think. Then again, considering that Eldar titans would
probably have a fair amount of damage to repair, maybe it isn't that
bad.

> Hip Shooting - titan may fire during the vehicle fire phase

        With some penalty, right? Otherwise this could get nasty,
especially with extra honors like Lightning Reflexes.

> Commander:
>
> Farseer - gain extra fate card

        This might be too much as well.

> Upgrades:
>
> Mandi-Blasters - titan gains +5 assault, and 2fp at 15cm range

        Why the extra Assault? Mandi-blasters (both the original
honor and on striking scorpians) are just short ranged FP.

> Ork
> ===
>
> Upgrades:
>
> Fire Hoses - gargant immune to damage from fires

        You might as well have kept the Imp & Eldar reactor
shutdown ability... Fires are only 1 entry (and a fairly
high-up one at that) on the gargant crit table, making this
pretty useless. You could just make it -1 to all crit rolls,
or -1 to extra damage from crit rolls, keeping in mind how
easy it was to start fires on gargants back in SM/TL.

> And lest they be forgotten . . . Tyranids
> =============================
>
> Hive Mind:
>
> Lucky - as Imperial

        What is this? The Hive Mind does not depend on luck! =)

> Bio-engineering:
>
> Improved Regeneration - as Imperial Camage Control

        Improved? Ya gotta have it first before you can improve
on it...

        Not bad for the bugs. Looks like there's going to have
to be some upgrades for Chaos titans, though...

> I'm open to suggestions, especially in the area of upgrades and
> Tyranid stuff.

        For upgrades, you could use stuff which used to be freely
available but isn't any longer, ie weapon heads, CC heads, carapace
lasers, etc.

Scott
shupes_at_...