Re: [Epic] CC titan weapons (was: Question on Tyranid Biotitans)

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:57:23 -0400 (EDT)

[on CC titan weapons]

>> I'm of the mind that it's just a typo. It's a CC
>> weapon, the definition of CC weapons is in the rules book,
>> and there's nothing in the Hell-Slicer description that
>> overrides that definition.
>
> I agree, it's just a recap of the CC weapon rules in the rule
>book, not a complete description.

Mark is correct. The recap is not complete. The rules for CC weapons
read "If a war engine armed with a close combat weapon wins a a close
combat against an enemy war engine it automatically inflicts catastrophic
damage on it" (p. 31)

So actually, you don't even need to score a hit on it, you just kill
it (though I think you should be required to place at least on hit on
if you have any available).

David