Re: [Epic] barraging titans (was: Squats -- different list)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:55:35 -0500

At 10:57 PM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't think WEs should count as extra targets for barrages. Barrages
>are meant to represent the saturation of a wide area with high explosives.
>A titan presents a larger target than a stand of infantry, but not
>necessarily a larger target than a whole detachment of units.

But a whole detachment of troops will get multiple fp for each barrage.

>Making
>titans more vulnerable to barrages would encourage their use in ways
>they are not intended to be used. Barrages are infantry killers, not
>tank busters. (I consider WEs to be "mobile fortifications", not
>"really big tanks")

Um, last time I checked most arty and mortars like to have multiple types of
ammo and fuses available. What is to say the arty didn't drop AP(armor
piercing) rounds or HEAT (HE-anti-tank. Are you using a different
acronym?), instead of HEAP(anti-personnel) or HEDP (dual purpose)?

>IMO, deathrays, AT, and FP are the way to bring titans down, not
>barrages.

It still will be. Using a 35-50 pt unit to place 3 fp on a titan is not
terribly efficient.

Temp