Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - rough draft

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:43:30 -0500

At 05:43 PM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> > Way too powerful. A simple +1 to crit rolls would be better,
>> >IMHO.
>>
>> Well, the really tough stuff is high on the bell curve for the big titans,
>> but I guess versus smaller WEs it would be too much.
>
> What I was really objecting to was the crits on
>5+ - doubles your chance of getting one.

I dont' think it makes that much difference on small engines. I haven't
done the math, but I think going from a 3 hit average to a 2.5 doesn't make
that much difference. I'm guessing it will make more difference when trying
to beat a large war engine. I dont' have a problem with this. Of course,
it could be changed to be a single weapon system.

>> > eh... I don't know. I really don't see Imperial titans as
>> >being psychic at all. Some kind of psychic defense (as an upgrade)
>> >would be better, I think.
>>
>> Well, they used to have the devotional bell and the Castellan head.
>
> Forgot about that stuff. But in that case, it
>would be more of an Upgrade and less a captain skill.

Noted.

>> > With some penalty, right? Otherwise this could get nasty,
>> >especially with extra honors like Lightning Reflexes.
>>
>> Yeah, it needs some penalty, but what? I think being counted as being on
>> assault orders is too stiff. Maybe a -1 for SHWs, and leave the fp (eldar
>> titans cont' have much anyway).
>
> -1 to hit across the board isn't bad, works for
>both FP-based and SH weapons.

Maximum of 6 for fp-based weapons, though.

Temp