Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:10:17 -0500

At 10:52 AM 6/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
> For example in a game 3000pts vs 8000pts,
>
>a) 8000pt army needs 65 VPs to win and 3000pt army needs only 40VPs.
>b) Both armies need a total of 53 VPs to win. (average of each armies
>individual total.)
>
>I can see advantages to both methods, though I prefer a). Any opinions on
>the matter are welcome, including any other methods that I may have overlooked.

What about letting the commanders decide when to retire? That way they can
cut their losses if it is going badly. Or a heavily damaged unit could
simply move off the board before it is wiped out. That way a force can
fight a delaying fight without having to be completely sacrificed, or it
could be a small force dedicated to a single purpose (frex, kill that #$*$$
Reaver titan before it gets any farther) that can run after it completes its
mission.

Temp