Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:55:38 +0000

At 09:10 16/06/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:52 AM 6/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> For example in a game 3000pts vs 8000pts,
>>
>>a) 8000pt army needs 65 VPs to win and 3000pt army needs only 40VPs.
>>b) Both armies need a total of 53 VPs to win. (average of each armies
>>individual total.)
>>
>>I can see advantages to both methods, though I prefer a). Any opinions on
>>the matter are welcome, including any other methods that I may have
overlooked.

>What about letting the commanders decide when to retire? That way they can
>cut their losses if it is going badly. Or a heavily damaged unit could
>simply move off the board before it is wiped out. That way a force can
>fight a delaying fight without having to be completely sacrificed, or it
>could be a small force dedicated to a single purpose (frex, kill that #$*$$
>Reaver titan before it gets any farther) that can run after it completes its
>mission.
>
>Temp

I forgot to mention that commanders can retreat after any turn of a battle.
Thus forces can fight delaying actions etc if their commander so wishes.

It's just that if neither commander wants to retire from the field and give
up that territory then the battle could go on for many hours, perhaps even
reaching a stalemate as armies dwindle to practically nothing. I just feel
that there should be a final cut off points somewhere where one player wins
and the other loses.

                                     DSK