Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:36:09 -0500

At 02:55 PM 6/16/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I forgot to mention that commanders can retreat after any turn of a battle.
>Thus forces can fight delaying actions etc if their commander so wishes.
>
>It's just that if neither commander wants to retire from the field and give
>up that territory then the battle could go on for many hours, perhaps even
>reaching a stalemate as armies dwindle to practically nothing. I just feel
>that there should be a final cut off points somewhere where one player wins
>and the other loses.

I agree that it could get horribly long, but in most cases, I think a
commander would want to preserve his units during a campaign. What are your
rules for rebuilding units between battles? Perhaps harsher restrictions on
that would make it more desirable to cut and run, instead of sticking it out.

Temp