Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - 1st rewrite

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:34:38 -0400

Temp,

I love it. A few comments and responses...

> Crew and Commander honors apply as long as 50% of personnel survive
the

How would you track this? Do personnel = DC? I would say they apply
as long as the titan or war engine detachment isn't wiped out. Without
specific playtesting, it's tough to say but I feel that reducing a war
engine/detachment to 50% is a lot easier than blowing it away
completely. Perhaps you should lose one honor if you hit 50% and all
of 'em if you're wiped out?

> Notes: There were some interesting difficulties presented by the
fact that
> WEs now come in detachments. I couldn't figure out a simple method
to have
> one Engine of Vaul fire first without the rest of the detachment
firing, for
> example. My answer was to have the bonus apply to all the WEs in a
> detachment when necessary. The points costs were adjusted
accordingly.

I like your solution and the points costs seem right on to me.

> The Chaos Tail could possibly have 2 fp. I didn't want to make it
too
> powerful, though, and adding a whole new weapon slot seemed too much.

I really don't know much about Chaos Tails, so I'll leave this to Scott
et. al.

> I picked 3 fp for the mandi-blasters so they would not place an
automatic BM
> when used with a single wing weapon or cc weapon. Unfortunately,
this means
> they will only place one BM even if all their fp-based weapons fire
(1 cc+2
> wings+3fp=15 pts) at a single target. Should this be bumped up, or
left at 3?

Well, if you think the mandi-blasters had equivalent fp to what's on
the CC weapon and what's on the wings, go for it. I think making it 4
may give it a bit more usefulness. Personally I don't see choosing
this one very often - would it really make that much difference in
firefights?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius