Re: [Epic] snap fire and other stuff

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:31:35 -0400

Andy Skinner wrote:

>> > That's why titans always move in the assault phase too. The movement
> > phase is clearly not meant for moving past enemy units at what is
> > virtually close combat range. However, you can move past without being
> > snap-fired during the assault phase. Since few things other than other
> > war engines will survive an assault or firefight with a titan, it can
> > move past detachments in the assault phase with relative impunity.
>
> OK, I had not thought of whether the snapfire rule was in effect
> during the assault phase. That makes sense. However, you can't
> move past an enemy unit in this phase, right? So even if I can
> move farther into the 10cm barrier, I can't move so that my distance
> to the nearest enemy (the jetbike) gets any further, right? Am
> I still pinned, or am I missing something else?

        You're still 'pinned' until you get rid of the bikes, either
through an assault or a firefight. Jetbikes move within 10cm of
your titan, you snap-fire, killing one. Then you get to move, you
can't move forward without getting snap-fired yourself. The assault
phase rolls around: you can engage the bikes in CC and if they lose
they have to retreat, OR you can sit still and get into a firefight
with the bikes and if they lose they have to retreat. Either way
the bikes aren't on the bridge anymore (at least until they rally
and move back).

        If you wanted the warhound to actually bypass the jetbikes
to go off and engage some other target behind them, you'd have to
have another detachment come up and fight the bikes.

Scott
shupes_at_...