Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - 1st rewrite

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:56:46 -0500

At 01:34 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Temp,
>
>I love it. A few comments and responses...
>
>> Crew and Commander honors apply as long as 50% of personnel survive
>the
>
>How would you track this? Do personnel = DC? I would say they apply
>as long as the titan or war engine detachment isn't wiped out.

What I meant was a det of 2 warhounds keeps their crew benefits as long as
one of the warhounds survives, and a SHtank det of 3 loses theirs if they
lose 2 tanks (assuming the crew doesn't eject/gate/whatever). Of course, a
Tyranid player has no option for such a thing. Maybe there should be some
"neuro-pod" survival that allows the hive-mind to retain those abilities?

>I like your solution and the points costs seem right on to me.

Thank you.

Re: Mandi-Blasters
>Well, if you think the mandi-blasters had equivalent fp to what's on
>the CC weapon and what's on the wings, go for it. I think making it 4
>may give it a bit more usefulness. Personally I don't see choosing
>this one very often - would it really make that much difference in
>firefights?

I think the difference between 10 fp (2 wings + 2 SHWs) and 13fp can be
significant. I think it can even make a difference between 13fp (with cc
weapon) and 16fp. Most of the FF I have seen are in the 20-30 range, so 3
more can be a 10% difference, though it will probably be a bit less, since
with a titan the level is likely to be higher. In short, I'm not sure.

Temp