Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - 1st rewrite

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:11:47 -0500

At 01:39 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

> I was thinking of some power-specific honors myself...

Right. I think Hvy Armor would best reflect the Nurgle toughness factor.
Tzeench can go with demonic possession (psyker). I like the Slaanesh Agile
idea. Khorne Hmm... merely eliminating psykers seem a bit weak compare to
granting the psyker ability. I'm thinking Berzerk is probably the best bet.
Or maybe something like Bloodlust of Khorne - WE gains Rampage and negates
the effects of opposing psykers in cc or ff the titan supports.

I'll work on some specifics . . .

> These are, IIRC, the same costs from SM/TL, and should be
>scaled down by some factor.

Well, but the titans aren't really that much cheaper. Warlords are 555 (?)
versus the 500 in a battle group or 750 individually (was that a house rule
value?). Warhounds are 200 versus 250. Engines of Vaul are 130 (110?)
versus 150 for a Tempest host or 167 for a detachment. Maybe 80% of what I
had? 20, 40, 80, 160 per?

> In addition, WEs with honors should be worth 1 morale/honor
>to the enemy when put out of commission (wrecked/destroyed/whatever).

Absolutely. They should give up morale based on the cost for buying the
units on a one-off basis. I'll have to look up the experience bonus for
taking out war engines before I work on that.

Thanks for the critique.

Temp