Re: [Epic] Barrages on titans...

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:48:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 csalvato_at_... wrote:

> Here's how I see barrages as far as titans are concerned:
>
> Imagine that you see three little flies (Infantry stands) on your wall, grouped
> together nicely. You grab your trusty flyswatter (barrage weapon) and whack em,
> killing all three. Now imagine that there's a giant tarantula(titan) on your
> wall. Is the flyswatter gonna hurt it? Hell no! That's when you pull out the
> nice, big hammer (Anti-Tank/Death Ray), and bean the sucker.
>
> It all comes down to this: Barrages are meant for infantry, because you're
> essentially carpet-bombing them, spreading the firepoweer of the shot out over
> the area of the barrage template, whereas against a huge, heavily armored titan,
> you're giving it nothing more that a vigorous back rub. Conversely, an
> Anti-Tank/Death Ray shot is like the precision hit of the Hammer, all that
> destructive force concentrated on one point instead of spread out like the
> flyswatter.

Ahhh! THATS why the GutBuster on the G.Gargant sucks so bad now....
its a flyswatter! Worthless against WE.

Hmm. Wonder about this. Gargants GB cannon used to rock against
both inf and titans, so call it this way

Shooting Phase
Ork player decides on ammo for the GutBuster for this turns shooting

shell= use GutBuster as MegaCannon
shot = use GutBuster as d6? Anti-Tank shots
chain= use GutBuster as CC weapon

opinions?

mike