Re: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:28:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, David Lado wrote:

> Landraiders are the unit I also worry about the most (especially mixed
> LR/infantry detatchments). So I'm curious what tactics and troops you
> have you used against him? Also, what tactics is he using with his
> units. The orks don't have AT weapons, but they do have lots of options,
> so I'm curious to see what has and hasn't worked for you.
>
> David

Only thing I have found to work is a Kult of Speed Det.
with 5 or 6 speedstas with D-ray or the LD as support units
with the rest being bikes, about 16-20.

this does to me,however, seem cheezy. Without that det. though,
the Land Raiders run thru the greenskins without much trouble.
so I only take one Kult like this.

using FP against Land Raiders and other well armored critters,
is just a contest on how many 6's can be rolled. All the FP is good for
here is to send out enough Blast Markers to stall that LR detachment
until the Boar Boyz/Nobz can get within range to assault.

mike