Re: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:48:30 -0500

At 12:11 AM 6/19/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Sauron1 writes:If you pay for Battle wagons as a seperate unit what do
>you pay for command or is it covered if you place Nobs in them with the
>boys?If you are playing Epic 2nd you use an Evil Sons Mob for the job.

For a kult of Speed detachment, you can upgrade the commander to a bike or
battlewagon unit. I would pick a battlewagon because it has better armor
and assault (and since hero ability doubles assault you get a little more
out of it). KoS is a bit unusual in that most Ork commanders are mounted on
a BW, or upgraded to a boar, stompa or gargant, while KoS commanders are
Upgraded.

Up to 10 squads can be bought, and each consists of 1-3 BW, 1-3 (? - could
be more) buggies, and 1-5 bikes. About 10 BWs, with a commander and a few
bikes to screen (cheap and lower armor) will come in around 200-250 points.
The BWs are assault 2, and they have a 45 cm fp1 shot.

The real question is whether they can make it into hth without being shot up
or suppressed to the point they can't fight.

Temp