Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - 2nd rewrite

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:26:38 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 10:40 AM 6/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >> Daemonic Aura - Titan causes fear. Opponents must roll Ld test in order to
> >> move within ff range. Opponents that lose cc are automatically destroyed
> >> (WEs take catastrophic damage if hit).
> >
> > Yeesh... the Ld test is OK, but auto-destroying
> >opponents? Your titan would be almost impervious to being
> >assaulted.
>
> Destroyed in the same way that Rampagers are destroyed if they lose, i.e.
> they still get to roll to hit the titan, but the titan stomps them. Just a
> leadership test it pretty flimsy, imo.

        Hmmm... you could make the daemon fear such that
any enemy detachment within 15cm must pass Ld test or
become broken... no, that's too powerful. The titan would
go running around trying to get into FFs with everyone...
The auto-kill still seems somewhat strong, but it's a good
reason for the enemy to be taking Ld tests just to get
close!

> >> Power-specific Honors:
> >> Bloodlust of Khorne - WE gains Rampage (Yikes! too much?) (WE should not be
> >> automatically destroyed if it loses cc, but rather take an automatic hit)
> >
> > What would Rampage mean for a WE? Roll as many
> >dice as you have DC?
>
> That was the general idea. Nevermind, it's over the top. do you have any
> suggestions along these lines?

        I assume you're going for some CC-booster type
honor... WE gets +1 to hit in CC? (but takes automatic
hit if it loses the CC, and 1 always misses of course).
Some fixed number (like 2, possibly determined by WE size)
of extra dice in CC? Can't think of anything else off
the top of my head (aside from a vanilla +X AF).

Scott
shupes_at_...