RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 07:10:28 -0400

>>Sorry David, I don't agree.
>Imperial Guard and Space Marines are not th=
e same army!
>Plus, when I play a Space Marines army I don't take more than=
 1

>chapter, it would be to easy to only take the best troops of each
>
>=
one.
>So in these conditions, Space Marines are not so powerful but in fact=

>well balanced.
>

>Francois Bruntz
>
>----> HEY - there's someone else=
 out there who likes to use the
>imperials as something other than an "All-=
Star" team. You mean you
don't have an IG Super-Heavy group and artillery c=
ompany guarded by
Space Wolf blood-claws covering the BA Death Company goin=
g in
on T-Hawks to hold until relieved by some Warlord Titans ?
 Keep it up=
!
(But then, I cringe when mixing different Chaos powers in the same
army a=
nd really REALLY wish we had the different Ork clans
back.)
        I do think the=
 orks are shortchanged on some of the noted areas
and I'd like to see some =
changes, but this whining about the imperials
being GW's favorites is getti=
ng old.

 They aren't GW's favorites, they are the PLAYERS' favorites!

        I=
f people played them less (I'm talking 40K here too) they would do
less of =
them. Look at it this way: Would the game be better if all
marines
were exa=
ctly the same? (this is dealing with 40K a lot) NO! It would be
less
 inter=
esting
. I personally think they could do a little more on the "flavor" sid=
and
less on the "rules" side, but the main advantage is there are more an=
different armies in the game this way. 3 marine codexes plus the IG plus
=
probably at least one more is a lot, but it's what people buy. Maybe
not in=
 your area, but overall it is. Personally, here in D/FW there are
a ton of =
Eldar and Chaos players, and not that many Wolves, but
I know it's differen=
t elsewhere. I'm not going to bitch if they try to
break
up "imperials" or =
even "marines" into some smaller groups and make
them different from each o=
ther. Heck, I'd like to see some more
seperation for Harlequins, the Chaos =
powers, and the Ork Clans.

I don't think the player's favorite really matt=
ers. Where I come from the most
popular armyies are Marines/Tyranids and th=
en Chaos/Eldar for 40K. The first two and second two are about the same pop=
luarity. However GW has never released
anything new for the Tyranids, Prob=
ably the only race in 40K that actually could use
a power boost.

--------=
---------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"Yo=
u assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would b=
e bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But yo=
ur most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -Dav=
id Brin, Infinity's Shore