RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Phil Nixon <Phil.Nixon_at_nda.n-i.nhs.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:05:25 +0100

(But then, I cringe when mixing different Chaos powers in the same
army and really REALLY wish we had the different Ork clans
back.)
Chris Miller

I suggest you try using
each of your main force dets
from the army lists as a separate clan
ie
don't mix boar boyz and scarboyz and kult of speed bikes/buggies
in the same det.
It's entirely up to you
You can retain the original 2ndEd "flavour"
in your clans/dets

That's what i'm trying to do with my chaos
army
No noise marines in with berzerkers etc

Make one Khorne Main Force det
ie CSMs
Berzerkers
transports / support etc

One Slaanesh Main Force det
CSMs
Noise Marines
etc etc

With Chaos you are limited to WEs per marine/cultist/sup
commander/daemon
det in your army
simply take the corresponding deity
and you end up with 4 smaller forces
so you can choose which to fight with
if you want to play bigger battles
simply use the "allies" rule from the Daemon Det section
ie Khorne & Nurgle
and then take all 4 for those week long sessions

so you could make Goff / S'bite / Evil Sunz
clans