RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Phil Nixon <Phil.Nixon_at_nda.n-i.nhs.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:51:16 +0100

Landraiders are the unit I also worry about the most (especially mixed
LR/infantry detatchments). So I'm curious what tactics and troops you
have you used against him? Also, what tactics is he using with his
units. The orks don't have AT weapons, but they do have lots of
options,
so I'm curious to see what has and hasn't worked for you.

David
I know this is really re orks but...
personally
i just use my chaos artillery
hide em behind a hill and pound away
it's a large enough det that i'm firing 9 Heavy Barrages
each turn coupled with screening troops in case of
a dropship charge
puts some serious BMs on the det.
if he can't move (Failed LD test cos of BMs)
then he can't fire or assault ...
last game i played 2500 pts vs marines
my opp had a det with 20 count them 20
LRs in one det ( He's been collecting for a few years)
1st turn wiped his artillery
2nd turn on just pounded the LRs
he was so confined to keeping all 20 in 30cm of commander
i was getting 2/3 stands under each template
4-6 FP one BM each time you hit

decimation reigned supreme !!!

ok so if he'd managed to get the det into
cc with my chaos engine det facing him (only 6 strong plus
berzerkers) i was toast

Please tell me that this was ok by the way
i'd hate to have read the rules wrong and totalled
a very successful Ultramarine company for the last 8 years
by inadvertantly cheating ... honest .

Phil