Re: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:19:33 -0500

At 04:23 PM 6/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> ----> HEY - there's someone else out there who likes to use the
>> imperials as something other than an "All-Star" team. You mean you
>> don't have an IG Super-Heavy group and artillery company guarded by
>> Space Wolf blood-claws covering the BA Death Company going in
>> on T-Hawks to hold until relieved by some Warlord Titans ?
>> Keep it up!
>> (But then, I cringe when mixing different Chaos powers in the same
>> army

If someone tries that with me, they will soon find themselves pushing their
units around an otherwise empty board. I can dig the chapters having
individuality, but none of this SW/WS assault troops, ravenwing, and death
company hangin' out and having a party. It was always my impression from
the fluff, that aside from allegiance to the Empreror they had little in
common. Isn't there stuff about chapters having wars/rivalries because they
both claimed the same turf?

> Too bad you can't really play that way anymore... since
>the only marine assault troops are followers of Khorne, the only
>heavy weapons guys are Slaanesh, the only airpower is Tzeentch...
>At least in 40k you can field a balanced chaos army of a single
>power (or no power at all, if you wish).

Well, in 40K Tzeench has at least as much in the way of heavy weapons as
Slaanesh, just not the cute little "Master Blaster" crap (talk about
targeting 12 year olds...). As a result, I'm taking hvy wpn CSMs painted
like Thousand Sons and calling them Tzeench, and I dare someone to stop me.
That leaves me without assault marines, but I think chaos has better things
to assault with than marines.

Besides, as we all know by now, Khorne Sucks!

Temp