RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:20:21 -0500

>(But then, I cringe when mixing different Chaos powers in the same
>army and really REALLY wish we had the different Ork clans
>back.)
>Chris Miller
>
>I suggest you try usingeach of your main force dets
>from the army lists as a separate clanie
>don't mix boar boyz and scarboyz and kult of speed bikes/buggies
>in the same det.
>It's entirely up to you
>You can retain the original 2ndEd "flavour"
>in your clans/dets
>
>That's what i'm trying to do with my chaos
>army
>No noise marines in with berzerkers etc
>
>Make one Khorne Main Force det
>ie CSMs
>Berzerkers
>transports / support etc
>
>One Slaanesh Main Force det
>CSMs
>Noise Marines
>etc etc
>
>With Chaos you are limited to WEs per marine/cultist/sup
>commander/daemon det in your army
>simply take the corresponding deity
>and you end up with 4 smaller forces
>so you can choose which to fight with
>if you want to play bigger battles
>simply use the "allies" rule from the Daemon Det section
>ie Khorne & Nurgle
>and then take all 4 for those week long sessions
>
>so you could make Goff / S'bite / Evil Sunz
>clans

-----> That's pretty much what I'm going to do at
this point, as all my units were painted up to go
with specific clans - the goffs were pretty
mobile, along with sunz and the Kult, while the
snakebitez were the foot troopers and the moonz
had the big guns. I like the organizational
flexibility in the new system, don't get me
wrong, I just hope we see some optional(?)
rules for clan differences ala the new marine
rules - it doesn't have to power them up, just
make some small difference as right now
the clans are just different paint jobs. At least
with chaos the demons are different...