RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:27:16 -0500

At 04:19 PM 6/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

> Maybe a better definition of one of the Seven Signs of Chize would be:
> Any Imperial army lacking tac marines or IG tac stands is suspect.
> I would also apply this standard to any Eldar army lacking guardians...

I have to take issue with this. I think guardians are not necessary.
According to the fluff, the guardinas are basically the national guard
against he aspect warriors army. In an offensive move, it would be entirely
possible that only aspects would go. I would agree with the IG comment,
except that they are INCREDIBLY expensive for what you get. If they were
cheap enough to do the "Chinese Wave" idea, then I would say go for it.

While we are on the subject, does anyone think that the IG HQ units should
be cheapened? If they can only command 3 stands, then perhaps their command
ability should be reduced to 8 pts (1/3 of normal) since their ability is
1/3 of what other commanders is.

Just thinking out loud.

Temp