Re: [Epic] English and French

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 12:50:33 +0100

> Well, added to that fact is English has the largest vocabulary of
> any language in the world.

Although most English speakers, and I'm talking about the natives here,
have a limited vocabulary. 10,000 words or greater is "well-educated,"
most of the peasants have a vocab of about 3,000 words, and on the
factory shop floor cou can get by for weeks only speaking 4-500.
Remember, for all the variety of adverbs / adjectives available, the
ones used most by the proles are of the four-letter variety.

The lack of real education in the UK makes me wonder about GWs latin
mottos littered throughout the 40k universe - given that the subject is
taught in only a tiny number of schools now.

Richard