RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:04:53 +0000

At 08:37 23/06/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:01 AM 6/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>Oh well, flame on. Just saw Batman and Robin by the way, it ranks as
>>one of the worst movies I have seen in a while, mostly incredibly bad
>>writing.
>
>No, really?

Is it me or was the 60's TV series of Batman far better than any of the
recent movies. It always makes me laugh when in one episode Batman jumps
out of the Batmobile and shouts to the bad guys, "Stop that or you will be
severely pummelled about the head and shoulders!" while keeping a perfectly
straight face. Or when Batman and Robin walk into the theatre, then when
asked if they want a seat at the front Batman replies, "No, we don't want
to appear conspicuous!" as if we all walk round with our underpants on the
outside.

                                DSK