[Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 19:38:14 +1300

Fire power vs Anti-Tank weapons comparsion

A detachment 10 Leman Russ (worth 320 points):

- have 30 firepower
- Which will cause 3 blast markers
- And 16 hits against infantry or vehicles in the open

against units with an armour level of:

   6+ - it will result in 2.7 kills 5+ - it will result in 5.3 kills
   4+ - it will result in 8 kills
   3+ - it will result in 10.6 kills

A detachment of 9 Land raiders (worth 315 points) -

- will inflict 9 kills against units in open or any form of cover
- Can pick any target in range it wishes to fire at, not just
  the nearest, as Leman Russ have to.
- inflict 1 blast marker

Demand comparison:

Note - For the purposes of comparsion I have assumed
       that both units are firing simultanously. I
       real game one detachment would get to fire
       before the other got to fire.

In a firefight, in the open between 10 Leman Russ and
9 Land raiders, about 7 Leman Russ would be killed
(assuming some hits would inflicted twice on the same Leman
Russ) and 3 Landraiders. The Leman Russ detachment would
receive 1 blast marker and Landraider Detachment would
receive 3 blaster markers.

The next turn the remaining Landraiders could inflict
on average 4.5 kills and the remaining Leman Russ
1 kill.

Conclusion

If your wanting to inflict blast markers and kill units
armour values 3+ or less, use Firepower. If you are wanting
kill units with armour 4+, in the open or above (3+ in cover)
and not so concerned about inflicting blast makers, use
landraiders.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...