Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:35:37 PDT

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:34:36 +0100 Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:34:36 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank
> To: space-marine_at_...
>

> Erik K. Rutins wrote:
> >
> > Sean:
> >
> > > What's wrong with Bananas! Their colour exactly represents the
level
> > > of courageous performance by infantry in my last battle.
> >
> > Okay, since I'm bored, let's take a look at the 'fruit roster' and
> > compare...
> >
> > Move Range FP AF Armour
> > Abilities Cost
> > Orange 30cm 15cm 1 2 3+
> > Bounce, Squirt 15 points
> > Apples 25cm 15cm 1 3 5+
> > Bounce 20 points
> > Grapefruit 20cm 30cm 2 3 4+
> > Squirt 25 points
> > Banana 10cm 15cm 1 2 4+
Save,
> > Slip 30 points
> >
> > Keep in mind, "Squirt" lets you double your firepower during
> > firefights, "Bounce" lets you move in the assault phase (though
not
> > into contact) on normal orders, "Slip" lets you make a free move
during
> > your opponent's assault phase before he conducts assaults.
> >
> > I'll admit the banana scores high on survivability with Save and
Slip,
> > but look at the offensive capability... for 30 points? The
grapefruit
> > gives you a much better balance, IMHO and six grapefruits will
> > annihilate 5 bananas (150 points) any day of the week. The
banana's
> > non-spherical shape hurts it badly in the movement phase and that
thick
> > skin that protects it so well also prevents it from being
effective in
> > the shooting phase.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > - Erik
> >
> You have *far* too much time on your hands, Erik. :)
>
> Richard
As usual the Squats have been forgotten ;P

I go along with the above but was thinking of

UNIT Abilities Move FP AF Armour Points
Coconut Bounce, Hero 20 1 3 6+ 40

however, I'm not sure whether to classify them as Knights or SHV with
regard to pinning. I also think they should be a support unit rather
than regular unit.

The pre-heresy tomato's stats have largely been supperceded by the
better armoured orange though some can still be encountered in Chaos
warbands (Slaanesh w/bands prefer the passion fruit), notably Khorne
who are experimenting with a tin-plated version.

The stats for the Squat potato won't be released until the rules for
tunnelers are confirmed.

Stats for grapes are also available but only as a support unit as
there are generally useless unless used in a bunch.

Hi y'all,

Ah'm back