Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:30:53 +0100

Brian was thinking of

> UNIT Abilities Move FP AF Armour Points
> Coconut Bounce, Hero 20 1 3 6+ 40
>
> however, I'm not sure whether to classify them as Knights or SHV with
> regard to pinning. I also think they should be a support unit rather
> than regular unit.

Remember, for every Coconut fielded in a detachment, you are allowed to
take two flyers as support. Stats are:

Swallow (African) Flyer - Range 45cm, Firepower 1, Assault 1/1,
                Armour 3+
The coconut must remain a string's length away from each swallow.

> The pre-heresy tomato's stats have largely been supperceded by the
> better armoured orange though some can still be encountered in Chaos
> warbands (Slaanesh w/bands prefer the passion fruit), notably Khorne
> who are experimenting with a tin-plated version.

Note that the next WD contains rules for the Lemon - same stats and cost
as the orange, but with extra firepower due to the increased acidity.
On the downside, the boxed set is �12 for 3. Oranges will still be
fielded by players unwilling to buy the new lemon minis.

> The stats for the Squat potato won't be released until the rules for
> tunnelers are confirmed.

Ah, but will a mole eat a potato?

> Stats for grapes are also available but only as a support unit as
> there are generally useless unless used in a bunch.

Strawberries can only be chosen as part of a detachment from May onwards
(they cannot be picked any earlier).

Now tell me that arguing about tanks is more fun than this :)

Richard