Re: [Epic] Ork Units & Tactics [Long]

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:50:39 -0500

At 09:29 AM 6/24/97 +1300, you wrote:

>> 2) Ditto, but does it have the same psychological effect? You can get more
>> fp than most WEs from other detachments in all armies, but WEs are still
>> worth it.
>
>What are WEs? As for psychological affect, every time my imperial guard
>army sees a battlefortress it goes, 'excellent easy meat here boys!'

War Engines.

>> 4) You have neglected the fact that it is a heavy concentration of firepower
>> in one place. 3 Battlefortresses can beat most detachments in a ff or cc
>> because they can hit a very small portion of the enemy detachment, but they
>> still get all their abilities. Especially considering that Orks get a bonus
>> on initiative for the assault phase, I think this is VERY important.
>
>Umm, my IG has only faced one at time and they have always been killed on the
>first turn, so I haven't had face this situation

This sounds more like they are being used ineffectively. Who would take 1
superheavy tank? 1 Tempest? You've got to be kidding. 1 Battlefortress
isn't even worth firing by itself. Alan Brain (I think it was) was talking
about using large amounts of Battlefortresses with some other dets thrown in
for fun, and his tactic certainly _sounds_ valid. Again, I think it is your
opponent, rather than any inherent ability of the unit.

Temp