[Epic] Re: Opinions on Ork units & tactics

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:01:09 +1300

>From Alan Brain
-----------------------------
Sean Smith wrote:

But that 45cm range means they have the same FP as BWagons, but cost
less. Again, a useful support for the main force.

> Unit - Big Gunz & Pulsa Rockets
> Advice - Both have to shorter range and are to slow.
> Only usefully if you are on the defensive or
> when conducting a slow rumbling attack (which
> is exactley the type of attack Orks want avoid
> conducting). Only take them in exceptional
> circumstanes.

Disagree. A unit of, say, 1 Warboss, + 1 Boyz, + 2 Pulsa Rockets gives a
1/4 chance of no BMs, 1/2 chance of 2 BMs, and 1/4 chance of 3 BMs. Not
bad for 75 pts, AND it fits on a Battlefortress. 4 of these units cost
300 pts, and will do on average 8, yes, 8 BMs per turn. Which should pin
it fairly effectively.

My reply
In the rules it says only infantry can hitch lift on battle wagons or
battlefortresses and I can't see anything classifing Big Gunz or
Pulsa Rockets as infantry.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...