Re: [Epic] Nobz Warbikes

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:24:23 -0700

One unit that exists in WH40K but not in E40K is the Nobz Warbike.

This is attempt to make some stats for them, and give the reasoning
behind it.

Now I don't have Codex:Orks, but I do have Ere We Go and Freebooterz. It
seems that unlike the normal Warbikes, the Nobz Warbike is just a
transport for His Nibs. No 45cm range Lascannon! No armament at all,
except for the Nob. Thus we can't just take the normal Ork bike and give
it +hero, the firepower would be too long range.

OK, so perhaps we should take a Nobz unit, and give it 35cm move? Not
really, because we have only 3 bikes vs 5 Nobz. We also have a real
game-unbalancer, with a +4 AF with 35cm move. Would cost the earth.

So, how about taking the bikes, and adding +hero and +assault. This way,
we get an FP of 1, a range of 15cm, an AF of 3, and a save. You could
rationalise the decreased range by saying that the Nobz are using
shorter-ranged but higher-powered weapons to make up for the fact that
there are only 3 instead of 5 of them. Similarly, the AF of 3 is for 3
Nobz, plus the unarmed bikes, as opposed to 4 for 5 Nobz.

Because the decrease from 45 to 15cm is so high, we should take the cost
of the Ork Buggy ( a 30cm range warbike essentially) as the base. Add
the standard +5 for Hero, and +2 for Assault.

So we end up with
              Move FP Range AF Armour Special
Nobz Warbikes 35 1 15cm 3 4+ Save

And a cost of 18 pts.

Any comments?

BTW What about a House Rule that SAGs are Pulsa Rockets?
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture