Re: [Epic] Flak

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:25:33 -0400

Michael & Catherine Goh wrote:

> At 20:00 27/06/97 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >The thing that stands out is that gargolyes seem to be very
> >expensive compared to Harridans, even taking in account their
> >higher armour. Also the fire prism is expensive, again even
> >taking in account that it fires anti-tank shoots.
>
> > Sean Smith
>
> I agree with the Harridans, I decided to get 5 Harridans as opposed to
> getting heaps of Gargoyles. The Harridan, despite its intercept value of 1
> is a very good interceptor due to the huge amounts of fire power it can
> bring to bear. Once the ariel opposition is wiped out, it is really good at
> taking out ground targets too.

        Heaps of gargoyles, OTOH, are very hard to get rid
of. Intercepting flyers can only shoot at one target, so if
you have X gargoyles and your opponent has Y interceptors,
you're guarunteed that you'll get (at least) X-Y shots at his
flyers no matter what. With just harridans, all your opponent
needs is an equal or greater number of flyers with a decent
intercept value, and there's a decent chance you won't get
to shoot at all.

Scott
shupes_at_...