Re: [Epic] Flak

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:03:32 +1300

On Sat 28 Jun, Michael & Catherine Goh wrote:
> At 20:00 27/06/97 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >The thing that stands out is that gargolyes seem to be very
> >expensive compared to Harridans, even taking in account their
> >higher armour. Also the fire prism is expensive, again even
> >taking in account that it fires anti-tank shoots.
>
> > Sean Smith
>
> I agree with the Harridans, I decided to get 5 Harridans as opposed to
> getting heaps of Gargoyles. The Harridan, despite its intercept value of 1
> is a very good interceptor due to the huge amounts of fire power it can
> bring to bear. Once the ariel opposition is wiped out, it is really good at
> taking out ground targets too.
>
> Being relatively new to the latest version of epic, I'm curious to find out
> what peoples opinions are about which is best - interceptors or flak units?
> I must confess that I haven't tried any flak units yet, I seem to enjoy
> trying to obtain air superiority.

Having used flak and aircraft, I find that you need both (note I have an IG
army). I use the flak to protect my artillery near baseline, while I
use Thunderbolts to protect the rest of my army, were necessary.

The advantage of using flak, as opposed to interceptors, to protect
my artillery is: first, the flak gets to fire before aircraft do;
second, flak is available every turn of the game; third, flak the
way I place it discourages enemy aircraft from flying over my boardedge;
and finally, flak on overwatch gets to reroll any misses, which aircraft
don't!

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...