Re: [Epic] Flak

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:19:16 -0400 (EDT)

>> While on the topic of Ork Flak Wagons, does any one know when the Flak
>> Wagon and Fighta-bomba models will be released? Right now I'm looking
>> at hand converting Flak Wagons and simply living without the Fighta-
>> bombas (unless I come across some alternate figs).
>
> They're flyers - they come on the board and leave
>immeadiately. What do you need models for?
>
>> Also, I had contemplated a strategy of lining part of my back board edge
>> with gretcin, so I could snapfire any flier that entered from that edge.
>> The idea being that you can snap fire any number of units, while
>> Flak Wagons can only fire 2 dice. Would this be cheesy?
>
> How many gretchin can you get per flak wagon? Even
>if it's a lot, they only have a (snap-fire) range of 10cm,
>as opposed to the flak wagon's 30cm - the flak wagon is useful
>for more then just protecting your table edge, whereas the
>gretchin are not. Sounds more like 'tactics' than 'cheese'
>to me.

You get 4 gretchin to the Flak wagon. The idea was to use 2 mobs
of abound 6 gretchin each (total cost 140 pts) to cut off the
nearest board edge(s). I wanted to use this to try to funnel the
flyers into a more predictable approach run, where I could put
regular Flak. This would allow me to concentrate my Flak Wagons
more effectively (in theory anyway... :). None of this has seen
any application, so it may be impractical.

David