Re: [Epic] Just how big is a 10,000 point army

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 12:25:17 -0700

James Nugent wrote:

> Most wargames that I know of are usually historicly or at least factually based,
> (Napolionic, Civil War, Armour, ect....)GW games are none of these.

Hordes of the Things, Fantasy Rules!, De Bellis Fantasticus, Missum,
Reaper, all come to mind for equivts of WHFB. Ogre, DSII, Stargrunt for
E40K or WH40K.
Heck, I have a copy of DragonLords by Grenadier, which involves
dogfighting Dragons. Had to make up my own rules for the Undead and
Multi-headed varieties.
Plus FullThrust, Star Fleet Battles.... the list goes on and on. Anyone
who's done a fair bit of research on historical stuff pre-Industrial
Revolution knows how much sheer guesswork is involved. Many of the
"historical" army lists are thus "fantastic". They're just the best that
can be arrived at given human effort and available resources.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture