RE: [Epic] Just how big is a 10,000 point army

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 07:36:21 -0400

> I can't say it's great food, but I've always considered
> McDonal=
ds to be edible, at least. Did I miss something? Or is that a
> two-way =
= sign there? I can't figure out whether you're talking in
> code or in =
math. At any rate, I consider most of the stuff served in
> McDonalds to b=
e a proper subset of food.

Agree. And I consider most of the stuff produce=
d by GW to be a proper
subset of the class "Wargames". But Mackers doesn't =
try to pretend that
only Products from the Golden Show..Arches are fit to e=
at, whereas GW
continually prates on about "The Games Workshop Hobby". Just=
 as I'm
doing.. Nuff said.

Most wargames that I know of are usually histor=
icly or at least factually based,
(Napolionic, Civil War, Armour, ect....)G=
W games are none of these. Which I suppose is part of what makes them fun, =
for instance you would never have things the Lifta-Droppa in a real wargame=
. I have heard of other si-fi wargames,(Ogre) but I don't think any are as =
weird as GW's.
-----------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumpt=
ions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"Yo=
u assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10=
 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume th=
at we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
-----