Re: [Epic] Hello

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 20:05:09 -0400 (EDT)

>> Hello ... I'm new to the mailing list, because of the volume that
>>goes through, I don't know how long I will stay on though - not
>>enough time to read all of the stuff.

It gets better. You learn the art of skimming posts and deleting
unwanted threads outright. It also helps if you check your mail daily
though, since there is no good way to sort through 200+ messages
(short of simply deleting alot).

>>I know it is a bit premature to gloat about tactical prowess
>>or anything like that, but I have so far been undefeated (at
>>least let me gloat while it remains true). I play Eldar

Nonesense! Rub it in! Let 'em know about it. If they're real
men/orks/mutants/bugs/pansies, it'll piss them off and they'll
fight harder. If they quit in disgust, they're a bunch of whimps
not worthy of honerable slaughter on the field of battle!

Plus, when they finally do win a game, they will savor the victory
doubly. Of course, then you have to sit and listen while they rub
your nose in it :). But there's always a chance for payback with
the next game...

>> since getting into WH40K (starting off with the Womble Marines).

We're nice people, we won't hold your army selection (whimps that
they are) or your decision to play WH40K (game for dumbies ;)
against you (much ;).

>>So far, some my friends believe that I'm just playing with
>> powerful armies which must be "cheesy".

What armies have you been playing with? I curious what qualifies as
cheesy in e40k (simply winning alot does not qualify).

>I'm currently in the process of rebasing my numerous IG tactical
>companies (great past-time!), and am still waiting to play my fisrt
>game of Epic WH40K.

Does anyone know if you can buy bases. I am running short (and I
haven't even rebased any old troops.

David