Re: [Epic] Hello

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 19:36:06 -0700

Michael & Catherine Goh wrote:

> Hello ... I'm new to the mailing list, because of the volume that goes
> through, I don't know how long I will stay on though - not enough time to
> read all of the stuff. I've been playing Games Workshop games since 1989 -
> and have played all of the versions of epic to date. I only purchased the
> latest version a few weeks ago and have had only three games to date. I
> know it is a bit premature to gloat about tactical prowess or anything like
> that, but I have so far been undefeated (at least let me gloat while it
> remains true). I play Eldar, and have done so since about 2 months of
> getting into WH40K (starting off with the Womble Marines). I have played
> Tyranids in the last game that I played and dealt a convincing defeat to the
> poor Imperials. So far, some my friends believe that I'm just playing with
> powerful armies which must be "cheesy". To prove that this is not true, I
> am going to play my next game using the Imperial army (which I think is
> better than the Tyranids or Eldar - but Eldar look good).
>
> I am a little disappointed with the Nightspinners of the Eldar though, I
> think that they are much too costly compared to other disruption units.
> They cost more than twice that of a biovore, for x1.5 the range. I think
> that disruption troops are great - but only in lots of numbers. When I
> played using the Tyranids I had around 16 of them pounding away on overwatch
> at some Shadowswords until my detachment of Exocrines crawled up and
> eliminated them.
>
> I think that one thing I miss the most out of all of the versions of epic is
> stepping on people. In the "first" edition when Knights first came out and
> we tried them out, we had a household of Imperial Knights treading through
> massed formations of infantry. Being on charge orders meant that we didn't
> get to kill many, but things like that were FUN.
>
> TTFN
> Michael Goh

Sauron1 writes;Welcome to the list.I am an old Epic2nd player myself.I am
also reorganising my armies but I still play 2nd edition but my old
opponents have moved away or left the hobby so I have been creating new
ones by giving away SM units to younger members of my club.As we have a
permanent setup and about 50 members it is an active club.Were does it
say in the rules you can,t step on your opponents? The old rules books
were full of Horus Heresy stories of Warlords stepping on opponents!
        sauron1