Re: [Epic] Tournament army for review

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:02:25 +0800

At 04:08 30/06/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Why is it more effective against eldar than other armies?
>>
>Because Eldar are pansied wouses and their generals are cry-babies.
>(Sorry if that offends anyone, but I am an artillery fanatic)
>
>Christian Nielsen

Oooh Oooh I am so offended! :P

I think it is the old fear from the previous edition where the Eldar
holofields didn't work against artillery. I would also be an artillery
fanatic, but I play Eldar. Instead I have to rely on skimmers which can
ignore terrain when shooting. I am however disappointed with the cost of
the nightspinner. I would get them if they were cheaper, but they don't
even do any damage. I loved the doomweavers. However when I played against
my last opponent, he had 10 siege artillery which ended up on overwatch
firing against my tightly packed forces (my error), rolling twenty something
dice and hitting me once. As opposed to my 18 dice attack missing twice.
Admittedly my guys were also on overwatch and had anti tank weapons and he
was shooting at people with armour 6.

TTFN
Michael Goh